Dr Anita Sethi is currently Director and HOD, Ophthalmology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.With over 20 yrs experience in Ophthalmology, she is proficient in Phacoemulsification, Lasik and Oculoplastic surgeries.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super specialty, quaternary care hospital with an enviable faculty, reputed clinicians, including super- sub- specialities and speciality nurses, supported by cutting – edge technology. A premium referral hospital, set on a spacious 11- acre campus with 1000 beds it endeavours to be the ‘Mecca Health Care’ for Asia Pacific and beyond.
FMRI Centre for Advanced Eye Care is a fully equipped eye department which uses the latest technology to provide management of all eye-related disorders including Cataract, Lasik & ICL, Retinal diseases, Glaucoma, Cornea & Corneal transplant, Squint, Oculoplastics & Orbital surgery and orbital oncology.
Synergy Visitech Eye Centre is a well-equipped centre for ophthalmic procedures.
Visitech Eye Centre: A 10 South Extension 2,
New Delhi 110049
Phone: 01126261888, 26262888, 09266662116
Tuesday and Friday, 5pm to 6pm
- Artemis Health Institute, Sector 51, Gurgaon, India:(2007-2015) Established the Ophthamology Department and was Senior Consultant & HOD. Artemis is 300 bedded multi-speciality hospital and was one of the earliest tertiary care facilities to be established in Gurgaon.Apart from performing phacoemulsification & Lasik, Dr Sethi gained further experience in managing complex reconstructions of the eye and orbit and rehabilitation of traumatic & war injuries
- Apollo Spectra Hospitals, New Delhi is part of a chain of Daycare & short-stay surgical centres across India and the Middle East. All centres have State-of -the–art technology and equipment to ensure a superior surgical experience for the patients. Dr Sethi performed Lasik & Refractive surgeries, Phacoemulsification with premium IOLs, other anterior segment and Oculoplastic surgeries.
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi:( 2000-2007) Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Centre for Sight, New Delhi. (2004-2009). Oculoplasty Consultant
Education and Training
• MBBS: Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University, India,1988.
• MD (Ophthalmology): Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences , New Delhi ,1992.
• Diplomate of National Board, 1993.
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh , UK, 1997.
Junior resident, Ophthalmology (1990-1992). Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences AIIMS, India
Senior Resident, Ophthalmolplasty and Ocular Oncology Unit, Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences AIIMS, India
Senior Residency: Three year appointment at Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences AIIMS, in the Oculoplasty and Ocular Oncology unit. She was actively involved in the setting up of the Retinoblastoma Clinic, a multi-disciplinary clinic involving the pediatric oncologists, radiotherapists and ophthalmologists. She also attained good exposure to Phacoemulsification and the use of lasers in ophthalmology during this time.
Research and publications
- Manual of Phaco technique: A text and Atlas. Dr Harbansh Lal, Dr Anita Sethi. CBS publishers, New Delhi 2002.
- Sethi A. The Orbit. In Essentials of Ophthalmology. Ed Sharma P. Modern publishers 1999, New Delhi.
- Sethi A, Azad RV. Sequelae of ROP. In A practical approach to ROP screening and management. Ed Kumar H, Shapiro MJ, Azad RV. Malhotra enterprises, New Delhi, 2001.
Membership of professional Societies.
• Oculoplastic Association of India
Dr. Sethi is currently the Joint Secretary of the Oculoplasty Association of India. She was the organizing secretary of Oculoplasty Panorama, the 19th Annual conference of the Oculoplastic Association of India, held at Artemis Health Institute from Dec 5th-8th 2008.
Delhi Ophthalmological Society
Dr. Sethi is a has been a member of the Executive of the Delhi Ophthalmological Society. She is actively involved all the society activities including taking lectures and chairing sessions at the annual conferences and participating in various training programmes under DOST. She as made many contributions to the monthly newsletter (DOS Times) and was Associate Editor of DOS TImes from April 2005 to 2007.
• All India Ophthalmological Society
Dr Sethi is an active member of the All India Ophthalmological Society for the last 20 years. She has regularly conducted instruction Courses in the Annual Conference and chaired and co-chaired numerous sessions in Phaco and Oculoplasty